Here are some ways to get what you want:
- Be clear about what you are asking for. It is hard to ask for something, when you don't know what you are asking for. The more specific your description, the better.
- Make a written list of what you want.
- Make sure the person you are asking, has your full attention and understands your request. There are many distractions in life, so make sure your request is heard and clearly understood.
- Ask the person who is most likely able to give you with what you want. Find the person who is most likely to be able to fulfill your request.
- Expect to get what you ask for. Have a positive expectation.
- Ask more than once, if necessary. Persistence pays.